Personally, pumpkin cupcakes are my favorite. They are great for the fall season and are adored by everyone. These pumpkin cupcakes are great for Thanksgiving, but aren’t limited to that. As you can see, I decorated mine for Thanksgiving. The cream cheese frosting will look a little different then mine, since I dyed it for my turkey decorating. Another great pumpkin recipe is mini pumpkin cheese cakes. My friend recommended this recipe to me from just so tasty, and I loved it. This recipe is a variation from theirs. This recipe makes about 18 cupcakes.
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1½ teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ginger powder
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¾ cup puree pumpkin
- ⅓ cup milk
Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
- ⅔ cup unsalted butter softened
- 6 oz cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- Line muffin tins, i like to use silicone cupcake liners and preheat oven to 350℉
- In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, cinnamon, ginger powder, nutmeg, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a Kitchen Aid mixer, combine the vegetable oil, white sugar, brown sugar,eggs and vanilla extract. Mix until there are no lumps.
- Slowly mix in the pumpkin puree.
- Add half of the flour mixture to the Kitchen Aid mixer, then half of the milk. Add the other half of the flour, then the other half of milk. Make sure to fully mix the batter between additions.
- Evenly divided the batter into your lined tins and bake for 15-20 minutes.
- While the cupcakes are in the oven, you can start on the frosting. In your Kitchen Aid mixer, combine the butter and cream cheese.
- Add the cinnamon and vanilla extract.
- On low speed, add in the powder sugar
- Add in the heavy whipping cream
- Once the cupcakes are done, let them cool and then the rest is up to you. Decorate the cupcakes however you like.