These lemon squares are so good, they won’t last long. If you want a thicker lemon square, bake them in an eight by eight pan for 20 minutes, rather then 25 minutes. I used a nine by nine-inch pan so they didn’t bake as long. This recipe makes about 16 lemon squares. If you like lemon sweets, try out these Lavish Lemon Pancakes.
- 1 cup of flour
- ¼ cup of powdered sugar
- ½ cup of melted butter
You will use the first ingredients for the crust, and the ingredients below for the filling.
- 1 cup of sugar
- 2 tablespoons of flour
- ½ teaspoon of baking powder
- 6 tablespoons of lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon of lemon zest
- 2 eggs
- Mix together the first set of ingredients.
- Press the mixture into a 9 by 9-inch pan and bake for 18 minutes at 350℉
- While the crust is baking, mix together all the dry ingredients from the second set of ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, mix together all the wet ingredients.
- Combine the dry and wet ingredients together.
- Once the crust is out of the oven, pour the mixture over the crust making sure it is evenly spread
- Bake for 22 minutes at 350℉
- Once done, sprinkle powdered sugar on top.