Honestly, I have only made these muffins a few times, but my family and I thought that they were so good. These larger-than-life blueberry muffins have a crunchy top that kind of makes them look like a mushroom. This recipe is a variation from one of my favorite cookbooks called The Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook.
- 2 cups of flour
- 2 teaspoons of baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- 2 eggs at room temperature
- 1 cup of sugar and a little extra for dusting
- 1 stick of melted unsalted butter (8 tablespoons)
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 cup of sour cream
- 1 pint of blueberries washed and drained(2 cups)
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F and line a 12 cup muffin tin with cupcake liners, or reusable silicone cupcake liners.
- Mix together the flour, baking soda and salt, then set it aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the eggs until they are smooth.
- Add in the sugar and mix until light and fluffy, you can use a hand mixer, a Kitchen Aid mixer or even an immersion blender. The mixture should be light yellow and fluffy.
- Slowly pour the melted butter into the egg mixture while stirring slowly.
- Add in the vanilla and lemon zest.
- Gently mix in ⅓ of the flour mixture, followed by ½ of the sour cream. Continue until you have added all of the flour and sour cream.
- Carefully mix in the blueberries.
- Divide the batter into muffin tins
- Sprinkle sugar on the tops of each muffin.
- Bake for 12 ½ minutes, rotate the pan and bake for another 12 ½ minutes, or until the tops are golden brown and you can stick a toothpick in them and pull in out without batter on it.