Jalapeno poppers can really be a hit or miss. Sometimes they can be super spicy, while other times they might not have any spice at all. Personally, I can’t handle spice very well, but this time, the spice was totally worth it. You have to be careful while handling jalapenos, because if you touch your face after handling jalapenos, it burns like crazy. This recipe is a variation of a recipe from The Hopeless Housewife. This recipe makes 20 jalapeno poppers.
- 10 jalapenos washed
- 8 ounces of cream cheese at room temperature
- 8 ounces of Monterrey jack cheese
- 2 scallions finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 1 package of refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 egg beaten
- Slice the jalapenos lengthwise and try to keep the stem on both halves.
- Preheat the oven to 400℉
- In a medium bowl, mix the cream cheese, Monterrey jack cheese, the scallion and the salt until fully combined.
- Press the mixture into each jalapeno half.
- Roll out the dough and press all the pre-cut lines together. Lengthwise, use a pizza cutter to make 10 long strips. Cut them in half.
- Wrap each jalapeno with one of the short strips.
- Bake for about 10 minutes, or until golden brown.