This ice-cream was recommended to me by my grandmother. She knew how much I love ice-cream and that I love to try out new recipes. I will say that the recipe she gave me was double this. I found that it made more ice-cream than what could fit in my machine. For the eggs, it doesn’t have to be perfect, but try your best to make it two and a half egg yolks. I hope you, like me, love this recipe. I have a 1½ quart ice-cream machine, so depending on the size of yours, you might want to double this recipe.
- 2 ½ egg yolks
- ¼ a cup of sugar
- 1 cup of whole milk
- ½ can of sweet condensed milk (7 oz.)
- ½ can of evaporated milk (6 oz.)
- ¾ teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 cup of mashed peaches
- Combine the egg yolks and sugar in a medium saucepan.
- Mix in all the milks and place on stovetop and cook on medium-low heat for 15 minutes stirring constantly.
- Stir in the peaches and vanilla.
- Cover saucepan in saran wrap. Cool for 30 minutes, then transfer over to the freezer. Chill in the fridge for at least 4 hours, but up to 8.
- Pour into the freezer container of a 1 ½ quart electric ice-cream maker and according to manufacturer’s instructions.